The Englefield Green Child Contact Centre is one of the outreach programs of The Village Centre and has been running since 2010. We are pleased to announce that we are currently operating at full capacity helping to bring families together.
Child Contact Centres are safe, friendly, neutral places where children of separated families can spend time with a parent, and sometimes other family members. They are child-centred environments that put the needs of children first.
How are contact visits arranged? The Village Centre accepts self-referrals or referrals through courts, solicitors and family mediators.
Why do separated families use contact centres?
- To separate children from conflict
- To build, maintain and start relationships
- As a first step towards collaborative parenting
- If parents are unable to agree on arrangements for their children
- If contact hasn’t taken place for a long time
- If parents can’t or don’t want to see each other
- For each family’s own individual reasons
Want to get involved in a good cause? We are currently looking for volunteers who have experience with children or who have a legal background. There are many different roles available so there is something for everyone!